Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen - Inspired by Each Other: Day 1

Poppy nail art
Welcome to another Digit-al Dozen week! The theme this month is called "Inspired by Each Other" and this has soooo many possibilities! The ladies participating are so talented, and I get to have a go at nail art inspired by them!

A lot of browsing went into making up my list, and it starts with poppies by Lothwen /Manis and Makeovers  and despite my lack of freehand skills, I think the color combination of white/black/grey/red is going to be a popping one, regardless of the design, and this one happens to be an awesome one!
Source: Manis and Makeovers


Poppy nail art
I took a simpler approach to this one, just stamping. Using Mundo de Unas stamping polish in white and light grey, I stamped a gradient using the "blank space" image found on Creative Shop 71 plate. This took a couple of attempts as it's hard to get polish to pick up from such a large surface area, but it didn't take long to do.
Then I used BornPretty Store plate BPL-029 for the poppy image, and reverse stamped after coloring in with red. The image on the plate has small extra flowers in between the stems, and you can still see a bit of black specs where I didn't clean up the image thoroughly, but overall, I was super happy with how this looked!

As usual, be sure to check out the link up and come back to see more as the week continues!






No comments:

Post a Comment