Tuesday, March 13, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen Does Stamping: Day 3

Day 3: Reverse Stamping

Dreamland Lacquer Ice Pop Paradise Snow Drop floral stamping
Welcome back to another day for TheDigit-al Dozen! I went for a floral motif - snow drops, to be specific. Spring's first flowers!
This brand hasn't been seen around the blog much because I don't own a lot...but going through my helmer, I realized I had more bottles than I remembered. Ooops, the trouble of untried polish! This lovely gem is Dreamland's Ice Pop Paradise
Dreamland Lacquer Ice Pop Paradise
Ice Pop Paradise -
to me, this is a blue jelly filled to the brim with blue/green iridescent flakes. I checked the website's description and it said "neon purple", I'm not sure there's much purple in my bottle, maybe a hint of purple at the extreme edges, but I would firmly put this in the blue category, and absolutely love it there!
Dreamland Lacquer Ice Pop Paradise
I used 3 coats for my swatches to make sure everything is covered well, and man oh man are there a lot of flakies! Nice application, no issues and hardly any clean up needed. I do have another polish in a similar category and once I swatched this blue, I pulled it out to play with, and layer. Needless to say, when I was done, the fill line was making itself known! I had fun though ;)
Dreamland Lacquer Ice Pop Paradise
Dreamland Lacquer Ice Pop Paradise
Dreamland Lacquer Ice Pop Paradise
And now for my fancy stamping! Once you get past normal stamping, new words start creeping up, and what I did is called "reverse stamping". I'm not sure why...but to get this technique, you need to color your stamp, or fill it in, while it's on the stamper and then stamp on your nail. Of course everything will be dry by that point and you may need a little sticky coat to help with adhesion.
Creative Shop Stamping plate 60
I used plate #60 from Creative Shop Stamping - just a black polish for stamping and then random green and white to color in the flowers. I ended up breaking up the image and planting a bit of the flowers here and there. Creative Shop plates have designs on the larger side and I often shrink them. I just used parts of the image in this case.
Dreamland Lacquer Ice Pop Paradise Snow Drop floral stamping

We've made it halfway through the week! Hope everyone is hanging in there, at least the link up is providing a lot of pretty distractions! <3
I'll have another Dreamland Lacquer color to show tomorrow, since I hinted at it haha

No comments:

Post a Comment